I’ve been in denial for quite some time now but, I think I need glasses. I guess it’s not the worst thing in the world, I mean, it’s really just another cute accessory right? And, maybe they will make me look smarter? I can use all the help I can get in that department. It still makes me sad though, a reminder I will not be forever youthful. So, I will continue to put off going to the eye doctor, and instead will start eating lots of carrots. Carrots are a super food for your eyes apparently. I already feel like I can see better after eating this salad. It’s magic!
For the Salad:
- 8-10 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing:
- 1 shallot, minced
- Juice of 2 tangelo oranges
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (don’t skip this) and spread the sliced carrots out in one even layer. Bake for 15 minutes, then let cool.
2. While carrots are baking, make the dressing. Place the minced shallots in a small bowl. Squeeze in the juice from the oranges and lemon, whisk in the olive oil, add the cumin and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. To assemble the salad, add the carrots, cubed avocado to a medium bowl. Pour half of the dressing over top and gently toss. Add more dressing to your liking. Divide salad between plates and crumble goat cheese on top.
Source: Adapted from A Cozy Kitchen